This is the Blade 180 CFX Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Flybarless Helicopter. From the masters of micro-heli innovation is a 3D machine that breaks all the rules of performance. That’s because the Blade 180 CFX packs everything you’d expect from a 700-size, pro-class electric heli into a ballistic machine you can 3D just about anywhere!
Digital, rotary servos are mounted inside carbon fiber frames with optimized servo geometry. The Spektrum AS3X flybarless system now includes piro-compensation to offer control that’s kinetic in every orientation. Because performance is nothing without power, a high-speed brushless outrunner motor, Castle ESC and 3S Li-Po battery deliver incredible authority to both the flybarless head and torque-tube driven tail rotor. Never before has it been this easy to get a high-performance 3D heli. Never has a micro-class heli been made so capable.
- Optimized Servo Geometry: Optimized servo geometry virtually eliminates mechanical inefficiency by keeping swashplate links near vertical throughout their range of motion. The result is a flawless cyclic and collective response that feels almost telekinetic.
- AS3X® Technology with Piro-Compensation: The Blade® 180 CFX heli utilizes Horizon Hobby’s innovative AS3X® flybarless technology with advanced piro-compensation for unrivaled performance in a helicopter of this size.
- Castle Creations ESC: The reliability of a Castle Creations Talon 15 speed control assures great performance for even hard-core 3D flying. Plus, pilots will enjoy the convenience of having motor timing and optimal governor settings pre-programmed.
- Rigid Carbon Fiber Frame: The carbon fiber side frames sandwich aluminum bearing and mounting blocks for a structure that is as durable as it is integral to precision control.
- Nanolite Receiver: The Spektrum™ AR6335 6-channel receiver features AS3X flybarless technology built-in to deliver high-speed stability and precision that’s compatible with your favorite programmable aircraft transmitter with Spektrum DSMX® technology.
- Nanolite Rotary Servos: Spektrum rotary servos feature conventional rotary movement and digital precision with a response speed to meet the demanding workload of flybarless mechanics.
- Brushless Outrunner Motor: The high-torque outrunner motor offers pro-level power and 5800Kv output for aerobatic performance that doesn’t lag behind.
- 3S Li-Po Power: The included high-output E-flite® 450mAh 3S 11.1V 30C Li-Po battery offers the performance hard-core 3D pilots demand.
- Torque-Tube Drive Tail: The torque-tube drive tail system features ball-bearing support inside an aluminum boom that connects at the tail rotor to a strong one-piece tail case.