This is the Blade 180 QX HD Cam Bind-n-Fly Micro Electric Quad-Copter. Engineered with SAFE technology to make it easier to fly, the Blade® 180 QX High-Definition Camera-Equipped Quadcopter makes aerial photography and video a snap. So now beginner and current enthusiasts that want to know more about the immensely popular hobby of aerial photography can get up to speed fast for under $200.
- Engineered With SAFE Technology: SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology is a revolutionary electronic flight envelope protection system. It also offers smoother flight capability that battles windy conditions for you and multiple modes so you can fly with the level of protection and assistance that suits any given moment of the flight. These modes make it easy for anyone to start flying and the ability to change the flight experience as they progress their skills.
- Stability Mode (selectable high or low angle): In these flight settings, the 180 QX HD operates with bank limiting and SAFE technology enhanced selfleveling characteristics. Two Stability modes provide the pilot with a high and low angle setting, allowing the quadcopter to be flown smoothly or more aggressively depending on your video needs.
- Agility Mode: In Agility Mode, the 180 QX HD has no flight envelope protection. All bank and pitch angle limits are removed and the pilot can experience aggressive aerobatic flight with AS3X® technology to provide a crisp, lockedin feeling at all times.
- Included Flight Camera: Both the BNF and RTF versions of the Blade 180 QX HD include the EFlite® EFC720 camera for use with the included camera holster. This lightweight camera is capable of softwareenhanced 720p resolution video recording as well as 1.3 megapixel still image capture and can be used on other aircraft. Included for use with the camera are a 2GB MicroSD storage card and USB charging cable.
- Dynamic Transmitter Functions: At any time during flight, with the flip of a switch, a pilot can trigger the photo or video function on the EFlite® EFC720 camera. This functionality can be programmed into a compatible DSMX® transmitter.
- Indoor or Outdoor Flight: The 180 QX HD is powerful enough to be flown in outdoor conditions, or indoors in an appropriate setting.
Weight: 95 grams
Flight Time: 510 minutes
Completion Level: BindNFly
Assembly Required: No
Needed to Complete:
- 5+ channel DSM2® or DSMX® compatible transmitter
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Too much fun Review by OldIronPants
- The 180 QX HD has been my entry into rc copters Review by Mark Boisseau
WHAT. A. BLAST!!!!!
1) Is simply a LOT of fun!
2) Is really tough (I think the blades will last forever, mine are pretty scuffed up - but they do include an extra set - don't see using them for a long time...)
3) In stability mode (recommended!), it took me maybe 10 minutes to start 'flying'. Really just hovering practice with first-person perspective, but that's how you need to start.
4) Really freaks out the cat!
5) Did I mention it's a load of fun?
Don't worry about it, just buy it. (Posted on 3/18/2014)