- Lightweight, molded-foam construction
- AS3X® System provides outstanding stability and smoother flight
- 3-channel control for easy-flying and friendly soaring characteristics
- Contoured spinner with folding propeller (installed)
- One-piece, removable wing with carbon fiber support
- E-flite® 8.5mm x 23mm coreless brushed/geared (installed)
- Spektrum DSM2®/DSMX® 5-Ch UM AS3X Receiver/Servos/ESC unit (installed)
- E-flite 1S 3.7V 150mAh 25C Li-Po battery (included)
- E-flite USB Li-Po charger, 300mA (included)
- Included 1S Li-Po battery provides long flight times on a single charge
- Ideal for outdoors and larger indoor flying sites
Needed To Complete
- 4+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible transmitter
|Wingspan:||28.7 in (730mm)|
|Overall Length:||16.5 in (418mm)|
|Flying Weight:||1.50 oz (43 g)|
|Motor Size:||8.5mm coreless brushed motor|
|Radio:||4+ channel transmitter required|
|CG (Center of Gravity):||1.22 in (31mm) back from the leading edge of wing at wing root|
|Recommended Motor Battery:||1S 3.7V 150mAh 45C LiPo|
|Approx. Flying Duration:||8-10 minutes|
|Charger:||1S 300mA LiPo USB Charger|
|Is Assembly Required:||Yes|
|Assembly Time:||Less than 1 Hour|
|Power Plant Size:||Micro Electric|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- great little powered glider. Review by Billy
- Serous performance in a small package. Review by Mike
- Excellent airplane for very little money Review by OldIronPants
- A blast to fly Review by SandyGabby
Using the 150mah battery I was getting flights of 15-30 minutes. After converting to the 500mah battery,
I was able to get four 20 minute flights without replacing the battery. With 3 channels, control is positive.
The plane flies very similar to the larger Radian. The AS3X allows you to fly in very windy conditions and
still have good control. I have flown in 10-15 mph wind and the plane performed well. I would say that
15mph is about the max. If you allow the plane to get downwind, it could be very hard to retrieve the plane
as 15mph is about the max speed of the glider.
I also caution against strong thermals, as you could get caught up and not be able to descend fast enough.
Using the 500mah battery, my longest flight was 48 minutes. I spent the final 20 minutes trying to descend
out of a thermal. When I landed, the battery was almost totally exhausted.
Great little glider that flys like a much bigger plane.
(Posted on 10/2/2015)